Thursday, September 4, 2008

A little place called...

Cherry blossoms in April, and pie firmly placed upon faces while children juggle water balloons. Where the hell am I going with this I have no Idea. Iwakuni Japan is not exactly what I would call a place of dreams, but with the right perspective you can drain it for every last drop of insight it may very well possess.


It is a small city consisting mostly of farmers and their modest living spaces (modest when compared to California standards of huge everything). The diligence that they apply to their work, their farms, is for me something to be admired. If you can do that back breaking work all day and still go home with a smile on your face, well, congratulations on a life well lived.


Downtown you can get a slight taste of trendy Japanese culture but, really, everything within twenty miles of this base is less than authentic (in my eyes). But that's life. Located downtown is a train station, which for a mere fourteen dollars will get you to Hiroshima and back. Speaking of Hiroshima, well, I'll get to that some other time. I've been up for nearly 24 hours...Duty...Which isn't saying much but whatever.

No comments: